Normandy Primary School is a three form entry primary school within a small, thriving academy trust. The school is located in Barnehurst with excellent transport links.
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Early Years teacher looking to join an enthusiastic and talented EYFS team? Do you have outstanding knowledge of the Early Years framework, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills? If you do, we are looking for a Nursery Teacher to join our school. Working 0.6 FTE (5 mornings and one afternoon a week).
For further information about the school, please visit: www.normandy.bexley.sch.uk where you can also view our virtual tour .
Our core purpose is 'Excellence Every Day' through our 'Happy and Bright' ethos.
- Working with children, young people and their families to promote engagement in learning and a work ethic which will help them secure a positive future.
- Delivering a curriculum in every school which meets the needs of the cohort and supports the development of rounded individuals with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions and have agency over their futures.
- Offering experiences which are rich and diverse and widen the perspectives of all of our pupils beyond their lived experiences, reducing gaps and disadvantage.
- Encouraging participation and ownership of the school communities by all members of our staff to enable Trust development through contribution and collaboration.
- Creating a coaching culture to develop a workforce which is flexible to meet the need of every child or young person within our academies and “future proofs” us as a Trust in an ever-changing landscape.
- Developing systems and processes which safeguard our communities and reduce workload through sharing of resources and practices and avoidance of duplication.
- Ensuring the learning environment is fit for purpose, safe and stimulating to support the development of confident, happy pupils who want to attend school and are kept safe.
- Ethical leadership of the Trust.
References will be requested for those shortlisted only and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are passionate educators, both of ourselves and our pupils, prioritising resources to ensure Excellence Every Day.
If you are eager to join our thriving Trust that believes in innovative staff development opportunities at all levels, enabling our ...