Make a real and lasting difference through community transformation.
We have an exciting opportunity, for a Hub Leader to join the team at Oasis Hub Foundry & Boulton in Birmingham.
Oasis Hub Foundry and Boulton was launched in 2014 and is situated in the Winson Green and Handsworth area of Birmingham. Until now, work has focused on the families and wider community linked to Oasis Academy Foundry, but in 2018 we’re excited to expand the work of the Hub to also include Oasis Academy Boulton. With a big focus on developing a community movement, the Hub has developed a range of initiatives to support children, adults and families. These have included a cooking social enterprise and other food based projects, local volunteers supporting their neighbours in areas such as benefits and housing, training and courses, youth clubs, holiday activities and one-one and group work. Added to this, the local community has become home to our resident alpacas (alongside other animals) who are used within our projects as well as visiting other community events. Our vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. We’re now looking for a new Hub Leader to help continue the growth of this really exciting Hub.
About the Role
The Hub Leader will have responsibility for leading the development of the Hub, supporting the Academy communities and holding the vision of integrated community delivery, which will include a range of services such as advice services, emergency support services, children’s/youth work, targeted families work. They will also be responsible for leading and developing a team of volunteers delivering chaplaincy as part of the Christ-centred Hub.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have experience of leading entrepreneurial community delivery
• Have experience of growing projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
• Possess a proven ability to grow and lead teams
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Thrive under pressure and successfully manage conflicting demands and competing priorities
• Be committed to working in accordance with the Oasis ethos.
By joining Oasis Community Learning you’ll have access to:
• Comprehensive Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
• A Local Government pension scheme
• Generous holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days after two years’ service).
Oasis Community Learning is one of the largest and fastest growing multi-academy sponsors in England. Our mission is to create and sustain a network of excellent learning communities where pupils can realise their full potential. Oasis Community Learning is part of the Oasis family of charities; and all the charities within Oasis work towards our combined Hub vision of transformed communities. This role will also work closely with our sister charity Oasis Community Partnerships, specialising in Community Development work.
Our Ethos and Values
Our ethos is an expression of our character – it is a statement of who we are and therefore the lens through which we assess all we do. This is encapsulated by the following five statements:
• Passion to include everyone
• A desire to treat everyone equally, respecting differences
• A commitment to healthy, open relationships
• A deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed
• A sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
Interviews will take place on Monday 30th April.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your completed Oasis Application Form and Equal Opportunities form to email@example.com by no later than 11am on Friday 20th April 2018.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.