Position: Office Manager Apply by: Wednesday 10th October 2018
Salary: GR3b Contract term: Permanent
Job start: ASAP School Visits: Welcomed
Interview: w/c 15th October 2018
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders.
Are you a positive, dynamic administrator looking to make a difference? City Academy Birmingham is looking to recruit an Office Manager to join its dynamic, committed team. Ideally you will hold a full clean driving licence however this isn’t essential.
City Academy Birmingham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
- Provide full administration support for the school and ensure school administration staff are organised, directed, trained, developed and appraised to meet their requirements to support and facilitate the delivery of the curriculum and to assist with their recruitment.
- To provide cover for the Headteachers PA
- Update general office procedures to reflect current practice and embrace new technologies.
- Assist the Business Manager with specific administrative tasks as and when required.
- To complete the workforce census and the main school census.
- Ensuring the MIS system is upto date and contains accurate up to date information
- Ensure the effective operation of the school reception/office, so that all visitors, staff and pupils are greeted in a friendly and appropriate manner, their enquiries are dealt with promptly and they are directed to the appropriate person/location.
- Safeguarding – oversee entry/exit procedures to/from the school for all staff, pupils, parents, carers and visitors.
- Assist the school staff in the organisation of events such as sports days, parents’ evenings, productions etc and to organise associated administration
- Co-ordinate and manage the complete induction process for all new staff to the school and also oversee the administration processes involved when a member of staff joins or leaves the Academy.
- Oversee all DBS checks and take responsibility for the ‘Single Central Record’.
- Support the Head teacher and Business Manager with admin support for HR (i.e new starters, recruitment)
- Hold regular team meetings with the office staff to address any issues arising and to bring these to an acceptable conclusion wherever possible.
- Co-ordinate the office team.
- Be responsible for certain aspects of performance management and professional development for the office team.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection; reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Carry out all duties with regard to the school’s policies and codes of conduct.
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required and to participate in appraisal and professional development.
- Set high expectations of conduct, whilst acting as a good role model for others.
- Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation / standards.
- The jobholder is expected to observe their obligations in accordance with the CORE Education Trust Child Protection Procedure, and to report any concerns that they may have regarding a child or young person’s welfare to the appropriate person. A copy of the Child Protection Procedure can be obtained from the jobholder’s line manager.
- The jobholder must observe their safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality, data protection, and equality and diversity obligations, as set out in this job description
- Line manager for Receptionist and Administrator(s)
For an informal discussion please contact Miss J Breakwell on 0121 729 7100
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.