Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With affiliates in eighteen countries sharing the same OneSchool vision and aims for nearly 10,000 students, our professional leaders are benefiting from global collaboration with results that speak for themselves. Focus was established as a registered charity in 2003 for the advancement of education, first and foremost providing leadership and support to its network of UK independent schools.
We are currently looking to recruit a highly professional Teacher of Business Studies. The ability to teach a second A-Level subject in Law or Accounting would also be highly desirable (but not essential). The successful candidate will work within a supportive team of other subject specialist teachers using cutting-edge technologies.
Based in our headquarters in Warwick, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality education in Business Studies to post-16 students in our 27 campuses across the UK (of which 250 pupils learn in the virtual campus.) This will be delivered via video conference, virtual learning environment and other online and digital media. There will be occasional opportunity to meet the students face to face, and regularly communicate with them by VLE, online forum and email.
This self-directed style of teaching and learning involves the use of pre-recorded video lessons as well as live video conferencing in multi-endpoint, small group and one to one scenarios. The emphasis is on a flipped approach. The monitoring of student progress, and timely provision of appropriate feedback and individual support, in both a reactive and pro-active manner is regarded as essential to ensuring the success of students.
This role offers teachers an opportunity to become world class practitioners in a global educational organisation who are leading the way in cutting-edge practices.
The successful applicant will:
- be an enthusiastic and well qualified teacher with a track record of raising achievement for all students
- be able to support students in reaching their full potential by, amongst other things, employing a range of pedagogical approaches
- be actively interested in self-directed learning and open to different learning approaches, including video conferencing and use of a Virtual Learning Environment
- be proficient in the use of ICT for learning
- have the ability and appropriate experience to teach A Level Business Studies.
- have the ability to teach a second A-Level subject in Law or Accounting - desirable not essential.
- respect the school’s ethos, aims and values
- enjoy being part of a supportive and progressive team
- be willing to engage in continued professional development
- hold QTS or be prepared to achieve this in the very near future
- be eligible to work in the UK
In return we offer:
- an excellent working environment with good resources
- a professional team culture
- motivated students who are keen to excel
- a unique parental and community degree of support
- the opportunity to enhance your teaching experience through continued professional development
Focus Learning Trust seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour in the schools they manage reflecting a Christian ethos and values.
Please visit our website: www.focus-school.com and visit our LinkedIn page for further information.
If you would like any further information or to request an application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 27 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.