Exeter School is looking for an Outdoor Lunchtime Supervisor to join us from 2nd September 2019, to work from 12.40pm to 2.00 pm Monday to Friday during term time.
The post-holder will report to our Senior Deputy Head but day to day duties will be directed by the team of Deputy Heads.
In general, the role involves providing low-level but highly visible supervision of play during the senior School Lunch period to ensure pupil safety.
Key tasks will include (but will not be limited to):
- Patrolling the outside space (indoors if weather conditions restrict outside play) to observe play and behaviour and ensure the School’s health and safety rules are followed
- Interacting with pupils to promote and encourage appropriate and fair play
- Managing pupil behaviour as required
- Liaising with Deputy Heads and other staff on patrol
- Assisting staff with clearing pupils from the fields at the end of the Lunch period
- Reminding pupils to adjust uniform appropriately ready to return to lessons and for the pupils to clear any litter they may have dropped
- Will be physically able to work outside
- Will be knowledgeable about pupil behaviour and characteristics and have a repertoire of acceptable methods to redirect and control pupils
- Will have a good sense of humour and a nurturing yet firm demeanour
- Must be committed to ensuring pupil safety
- Must have good communication skills in order to effectively communicate with pupils and staff
- Previous experience of working with children and knowledge of first aid are desirable but not essential as training can be provided
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button to access the Exeter School Application Form - this form must be completed in order for us to consider your application.
A completed application form, together with a covering letter should be uploaded to the TES jobsite or sent by email to the Bursar's P.A., Mrs Julie Furniss (Tel: 01392 258712; email: email@example.com)
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th July, 12 noon
Interviews will be held as suitable applications are received.
This post falls into the category of Regulated Activity. Exeter School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.