Teacher of Transition
Location: Manchester Academy, M14 4PX Hours of work: 8am – 4pm (Monday – Friday)
Salary: United Learning Pay Policy Applies.
Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Key Stage 3 SEN Teacher to join our Academy on a fixed term basis. This role requires the post holder to be responsible for ensuring accelerated progress, high quality curriculum provision and effective teaching and learning within the transition area. Whilst this post follows a “primary model” it is designed to meet the needs of the most vulnerable students on transition, many of whom may have SEND or EAL.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• Achieved Qualified Teacher status (or training for).
• An excellent knowledge of the Key Stage 1 and 2 Curriculum
• Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body.
• Strong IT skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office suite.
In return you we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hard working Transition Department
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
For further details on this post please read the Job Description.
Please click the "Apply Now" button below to submit your CV today.
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.