Pastoral Support Officer
Ark John Keats Academy
Unique opportunity to join an outstanding new school in north London.
Ark John Keats Academy is a growing school currently in the process of setting up a brand new Sixth Form due to open in September 2019. Therefore, we are looking to recruit excellent staff to join our expanding team and be part of the exciting next phase of our development.
We are an all-through school in the London Borough of Enfield. We have excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and London fringe areas. The academy will reach full capacity in 2020 with just under two thousand pupils. The academy was judged outstanding in all areas in our Ofsted inspection of April 2015.
There will be extensive training and staff will be deployed according to their skills and interests.
This is a wonderful opportunity to play a key role in enabling pupils in disadvantaged areas to access the highest quality education and to develop one’s teaching skills.
Ideal candidates will:
• be willing to actively participate in the school’s enrichment activities and wider community
• be committed to Ark John Keats Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
• be committed to the academy’s vision of breaking the mould by providing pupils from relatively disadvantaged backgrounds with a type and standard of education previously the preserve of the best fee-paying schools
In this role, you will:
• have the opportunity to join a team of teachers at the peak of their profession
• be part of the Ark network, with school-based and network-wide CPD and international school visits
To apply please click here . Please submit your application by 1pm Monday 15th July 2019. For further information, a confidential discussion about this role please contact Victoria Henderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or for any technical queries/ questions about completing the application itself, please contact Mitra Samsami (Operations Manager) on email@example.com
Please don’t hesitate to submit an application as interviews will be held w/c 08/07/2019.
Start Date: September 2019
Closing date: 1pm Monday 15th July 2019
Salary: Ark Band 6 (£21,198- £25,746) depending on experience
Hours: 8am – 5:30pm Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri, 8am – 5pm on Wednesdays
Working Pattern: Term Time Only (39 weeks per year)
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.