Purpose of job:
To contribute to key objectives of the Academy Development Plan by: providing high quality technical support to staff and students within Performing Arts and throughout the Communications Hub of the Academy as appropriate; To oversee the general running and events management of the LWA Theatre and PA Spaces for internal and external use. Preparation of apparatus/resources for practical lessons; general maintenance of equipment; general administration for wider Communications Hub. General support of the English Department; reprographics, orders. Responsible for: Communications Hub; Theatre, Recording Suite, Dimmer Room, Scenery Stores, Dance Studios, Costume Cupboard, English Store Room.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assume the roles of Technical Stage Manager and Production Manager, Chief LX (electrician), Set Designer, Props Master, Lighting Designer, ASM, and DSM as appropriate to the requirements of the LWA Theatre.
- To assist with Head of Performing Arts in the delivery of BTEC/A-Level (Year 12) Production Arts.
- To develop and monitor in conjunction WRAT Estates Manager & Health & Safety Officer safe practices in all the above.
- To support students when using specialist performing arts technical resources and equipment, such as sound and lighting, during lessons and rehearsals, enhancing their use of technical resources and equipment.
- To provide technical support during day/evening/weekend for internal performances, mobilizing set conception and theatre preparation, pre-show rigging, lighting, sound and operation, and post-production de-rigging, by prior negotiation and agreement.
- To provide front-of-house services and technical direction for external bookings, liaising with Box Office Administrator and Financial Director, by prior negotiation and agreement.
- To effectively manage and coordinate additional Technicians within the Communications Hub and in the Theatre.
- To contribute to the creative design of productions in Performing Arts and English; work alongside students and staff in the creation of student productions including the preparation of lighting, sound effects, projection, audio, staging and video.
- Maintenance and operation of Recording Suite, including multi-track recording and application of DJ equipment.
- Overall responsibility for charging, distribution, asset management and fault reporting for ICT equipment in the Communications Hub. (NB this is only supplementary to the ICT managed service which will be the key ICT support).
- Preparation and setup of instruments for practical lessons in Music as required.
- Reprographics as required, primarily for Communications Hub; printer management in directed areas.
- Production of teaching materials/resources and displays as directed
- Prepare and display all health and safety requirements for all machinery and equipment in PA.
- Clean and clear to required health and safety standards the areas of PA.
- Preparation, ordering, storing of materials for PA.
- To support/cover other technicians in the area due to training/sickness or busy periods
- To ensure the asset management systems are up to date in directed areas
- To carry out all duties with strict adherence to the Health & Safety Policy of the academy and relevant national requirements
- To self-manage duties efficiently using the Sharepoint Dashboard Calendar and liaise with Head of Performing Arts on forthcoming projects.
- To support general duties for the English Department as required; reprographics, orders, video recording, CD-ROM burning etc.
Leeds West Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school with an Ofsted rating of good with outstanding leadership. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ and download an application form. Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Should you wish to visit our Academy please contact Mrs Yvonne Hare at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to arrange a tour at your convenience. Visitors are welcomed and strongly encouraged.
Closing Date: 2 December 2016 at 12 noon.
Interviews to be held week commencing 5 December 2016
All post holders are accountable through The White Rose Academies Trust Performance Management Policy.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expect all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.