If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2017: 84% of students gained 4+ EM; 58% gained 5+ EM
We are looking to recruit a teacher (NQT or experienced) to join our committed, dynamic and very successful Physics department who are welcoming, supportive and highly professional. Physics is well resourced being based within a specialised teaching block with interactive whiteboards in each laboratory. Physics is highly popular at Post 16 and is taught as a discrete subject within KS4. There is the potential to teach A level Physics given post 16 uptake is currently high and increasing.
The school has a vacancy that can be filled by specialists in any of Biology, Chemistry or Physics given the size and flexibility of the department.
There is the possibility of a TLR 2 for those able to contribute to the leadership and management of the department.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
· Ambitious for young people and for themselves
· Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
· Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
· An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
· You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
· You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
· You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
· You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
· You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk.. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
Application to the Executive Principal, Ms R Allott asap and by 9am Monday 21st May 2018 at the latest.
Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Surrey SM3 8PW
Tel: 020 8644 5790 Fax: 020 8641 8611
Email: email@example.com Website: www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.