ISR International School on the Rhine is a private, coeducational school catering for students from Kindergarten through Grade 12. The school operates a non-selective admissions policy and has an enrollment of around 1000 students with more than 50 nationalities represented in the student body.
ISR is accredited by the German authorities as an ‘Anerkannte Internationale Ergänzungsschule’ (International Supplementary School) and by the US accrediting agency Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED). ISR is an IB World School authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme, and also offers Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSE courses. The school is a certified member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and a licensee of the SABIS® Educational System.
We are looking for a full-time Teacher of Physics focusing on Middle and Upper School to join our team as soon as possible.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning of all students in the Middle and Upper School Science and the IGCSE and IB curriculum.
• Be responsible for student progress, welfare and outcomes.
• To engage students in positive learning relationships.
• To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers.
• To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, especially concerning safeguarding and equality opportunity.
• A formal teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGdip, BEd, MEd, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
• Experience with Middle and Upper School Physics is required.
• Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the IGCSE and/or IB MYP/DP is ideal.
• Experience of working in an international school is desired.
• Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Here at ISR, you will always be supported by committed and welcoming colleagues, confident hardworking students and a very supportive ISR community. We will be looking at you to establish your value in a fast-paced rewarding school and in return will offer a range of career development opportunities.
If the above resonates with you then please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always open to discuss possibilities for inspiring candidates!
ISR International School on the Rhine
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years