The Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai (SISD) is a leading international day and boarding school where future generations are inspired to become confident and enthusiastic lifelong learners, ready to embrace the opportunities and challenges of a global world.
At SISD we follow the framework of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme from Pre-Kindergarten (PreKG) to Grade 12 and the Swiss Baccalaureate programme from Grade 6 onwards. The Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai is an IB Continuum World School authorised to offer and teach the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) IB Diploma Programme (DP) and the IB Career-related Programme (CP).
We are also a member of the Swiss Group of Schools, CIS and ECIS.
SISD offers three different streams with an emphasis on offering learners the chance to develop international-mindedness, to broaden their skills and capabilities and to acquire the information needed to access other cultures:
• IB Bilingual English/French (with Arabic)
• IB Bilingual English/German (with Arabic)
• IB with additional languages (French or German with Arabic) and personalised STEAM* programme from PreKG-Grade 5.
Our unique curriculum offers an engaging learning experience, the challenge of developing a real understanding of cultural diversity and the support of a thriving international community.
Our large eco-friendly campus ensures that we can offer a wide range of sporting facilities that make the most of our location adjacent to Dubai Creek.
Find out more about SISD at www.sisd.ae
We have created a school that offers an outstanding education focused on both academic excellence and personal growth. We encourage students to take risks, become compassionate lifelong learners and responsible citizens who care for one another and contribute to a strong society through intercultural understanding and respect.
At SISD, a distinctive feature of school life is the diverse student body made up of more than 70 different nationalities. It is our strong belief that the next generation of international citizens will need to be dynamic, flexible and linguistically ambitious. This is why we offer all our students the opportunity to become multilingual.
Our international programmes reflect a sincere commitment to a Swiss vision of excellence in education to enable our students fully to embrace future opportunities.
We are looking for an outstanding, passionate, caring and reflective Primary Class Teacher (German speaker) for August 2022.
Our team of international teaching staff is made up of highly qualified professionals who all share one goal: to provide quality education to all of our children in a caring, nurturing and supportive environment.
The role of the Primary Class Teacher (Grades 1-5) is to build and maintain a successful IB PYP programme within the school by providing an educational atmosphere conducive to learning, in conjunction with the PYP Programme Coordinator. Support and guidance will be provided by the Head of Primary, PYP Curriculum Coordinator, Grade and subject Coordinators. The Primary Class Teacher will ensure that all subjects taught are planned to provide coverage, progression and continuity. He/She is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents. Occasional participation in outreach or promotional activities may be required, but every effort will be made to ensure that this request is reasonable and shared equitably amongst all teaching staff.
As part of our commitment to our academic staff's personal and professional development, comprehensive professional development will be provided to the successful candidate, who will:
• be fully qualified and experienced Primary Class Teacher with a Degree in Education and a relevant professional teaching qualification such as PGCE, QTS, teaching diploma or certification
• have relevant recent professional development that qualifies the candidate for this position
• be a first language German speaker
• have extensive international primary teaching experience of at least 2 years
• have significant experience of delivering the IB PYP curriculum
The salary and benefits package reflects the fact that SISD is committed to excellence.
We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment for all our employees and in which our students can thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our employees and students. All employees are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both country of residence/home country and any other country of residence.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, PGCE or PGDE, iPGCE, UK Qualified Teacher Status, Government approved teaching certification from non-UK country or similar teaching qualification.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 25 and below 60 years of age
About the School
The Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai (SISD) is a leading international day and boarding school where future generations are inspired to become confident and enthusiastic lifelong learners, ready to embrace the opportuni...