Following the relocation of the current post holder, we are seeking to appoint an effective and experienced Head Teacher to maintain and further develop our excellent standards of education and provision at PDO School.
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) is the foremost oil and gas exploration and production company in the Sultanate of Oman. PDO operates a primary school for the children of its expatriate employees who originate from many different home countries, creating a truly international school.
The school is accommodated in a large, new, “state of the art” building with outstanding facilities, and has over 550 children on roll from Pre Nursery age to P7. The curriculum is based upon the English National Curriculum for Literacy and Mathematics, alongside the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
For more information about the school and its curriculum please visit our website: www.pdoschool.com
The successful Head Teacher will:
- Be an excellent teacher and effective, experienced school leader
- Have a proven track record of making a significant and positive impact upon the learning opportunities for children
- Secure the delivery of high standards in all aspects of the school
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a good team player
- Play a leading role in demonstrating the excellence of our school to stakeholders and the local and wider community
To be considered the applicant must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status with significant and relevant experience in educational leadership and management
- A degree, or postgraduate qualification in education
- A professional interest in recent educational developments and initiatives
- Excellent leadership, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work successfully within an international context
- High standards and expectations of both yourself and others
- Experience of teaching and leading the English National Curriculum or equivalent
- Experience of teaching and leading the International Primary Curriculum or similar
- Experience of successful leadership in a multicultural school with children where English is a second language
- An understanding of the needs of a company school
- A proven record of leading HSSE and pupil safeguarding and knowledge of how this is applied in a school context
The successful applicant will be offered a 4 year contract in the first instance and there may be an option, by mutual agreement, to extend on an annual basis. You will be remunerated with an attractive and competitive salary and additional benefits including housing, education for dependent children and medical care. You will also have the opportunity for further professional development and new challenges.
How to Apply
Please visit the ‘vacancies’ page at: www.wclgroup.com/school-management/vacancies
Download and complete the application form for ‘Head Teacher at PDO School’.
Completed applications should be submitted with a Personal Statement and a current C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th November 2017: 12.00 noon (UK time).
Initial interviews are expected to be conducted via Skype or teleconference in December 2017.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
An offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.