LAMBTON St John's Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Johns Primary School Lambton is seeking an Executive Release Teacher on a Temporary (0.2FTE) basis for the 2020 school year.
As Executive Release Teacher you will be responsible for teaching the curriculum of the assigned class whilst the executive staff member is released to fulfil their role.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Must be a practicing Catholic;
• Willingness to fulfill the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum areas K-6;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning areas and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• High quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Experience implementing quality teaching pedagogies providing opportunities for students to engage, excel and exceed expectations;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards frameworks;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Experience and understanding of the complexities, commitment and flexibility required for a successful and collaborative partnership;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and staff.
• Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application;
• Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained Primary School Teacher;
• Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 21 February, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St John's Primary School
PO Box 111
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Please email applications to the Principal as directed or applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.
The covering letter attached to your CV should address the criteria outlined above and should record your current NESA and Working With Children number. Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment by 3pm on the closing date.
Intending applicants are required to nominate three (3) referees:
• The Parish Priest of their parish of worship and/or parish in which they teach;
• Current Principal;
• One other (which may include School Consultant or Area Supervisor).
Confidential Reports will be obtained from these people