Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 (pending experience)
Position: Primary Teacher - Year 6
Classification: Full-Time, Contract
Start Date: Term 2 2020 - 20th April 2020
Contract: Monday 20th April Until Friday 4th December 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At St Joseph’s Catholic School, Mount Isa we have a love of learning, and children are actively encouraged, by our committed and professional staff, to develop to their fullest potential. Our school firmly believes each and every one of our students has a variety of rich talents, gifts and interests. When these are affirmed and encouraged in a spirit of openness, respect and trust, we build fine young people. As a community, we strive to support each other, work with each other, live in harmony with each other, all for the well-being of the children, who are our primary focus.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a passionate and driven Primary Teacher for a full-time position teaching a Year 6 class. This is a contract role commencing from Term 2 20th April until the end of Term 4 4th December 2020.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive hourly rate starting from $70,080 - $100,936 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
- Have a look at our incentives here: Mount Isa
Why work with Townsville Education Office
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Upload your current resume including referee's
- Complete a covering letter outlining your reasons for the application of the position and your suitability for the position you are applying for.
Applications close 4pm Monday 6th April 2020 unless filled prior.