Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Primary Teacher Years 3-6
Classification: Full-Time, Fixed Term
Incentives: Accommodation Assistance, Remote Area Allowance and Reasonable Relocation Assistance
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Patrick's School is a co-educational Catholic primary school located in the rural western township of Winton. The school offers Prep to Year 6 in a small and welcoming Catholic environment. We appreciate and encourage strong parental involvement to nurture and challenge students as they grow in the Catholic faith and develop their potential. The close working relationship between staff and parents acknowledges the co-educational role and as such, parents feel comfortable and are an active part of school life.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate Primary Teachers or Graduates to commence at St Patrick's Catholic School on a full-time basis commencing in Term 1 of 2020.
This role will teach across Years 3-6.
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for Digital Design and Technology
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 pro rata (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
- Have a look at our incentives here: Winton
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response outlining your suitability to the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4.00pm Sunday 26th January 2020 unless filled prior.