Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Primary Teacher - Dance/Drama and Learning Enrichment
This position is at our Junior Campus
Tenure: Full-Time,12 Month Contract
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At Ryan Catholic College we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities. Applications are invited from teachers interested in joining our Junior Campus.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Dance/Drama and Learning Enrichment Primary Teacher to join our team. The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of the curriculum with an informed pedagogy. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
The Dance/Drama and Learning Enrichment Primary Teachers is responsible:
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
Responsibilities and teaching standards are aligned with the National Professional Standards commensurate with that of a Proficient Teacher.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and skilled in teaching Dance, Drama and Learning Enrichment
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
- Attach a cover letter introducing yourself, expressing why you are interested in the position and outlining your suitability for this position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply, please include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications Close: 4pm Friday 25th October 2019.
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.