Start Date: Easter 2020 (earlier if possible)
Location: Basildon, Essex
Age Range: 3-19
Inspire their remarkable with us
Pioneer School is an outstanding, purpose built mixed, day special school designated for children and young people aged 3 – 19 with severe and complex learning difficulties. The remarkable staff work with children with a variety of complex needs to ensure that they can develop the skills – and gain the life experiences – that will allow them to lead remarkable lives. It is a special place, that requires a special leader.
After taking the academy from strength to strength, our current Principal will be retiring at Easter.
This is not a job for just anyone. We are looking for someone who can lift an already high-performing school to new heights. Someone who can inspire colleagues to achieve even more for our children & young people and their families.
Within this role, you must be ambitious and able to:
● Demonstrate a successful track record as a senior leader in a special school designated for children and young people with severe and complex learning difficulties
● To take Pioneer forward from outstanding to exceptional
● Be brave, discover what’s possible, push the limits and be big-hearted
● Commit to each and every child being inspired to have a remarkable life
Pioneer School is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) national network of 58 primary, secondary and special academies.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It is what motivates us. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
● More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 55 academies and thousands of education professionals.
● More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
● More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
● More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Our new Principal will enjoy the autonomy of leadership rooted in the local community, whilst working in partnership with the regional cluster of academies, AET’s Director of SEND, Maria Rodrigues and our National Director of Primary and SEND, Lauren Costello, with support from a committed local governing board.
Closing date: Friday 1 November 2019.
Interview dates: Tuesday 12 (Pioneer School) and Wednesday 13 November 2019 (London).
Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
Visits to the academy are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Tanya Bentham, Head of Talent, on 07990 538911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal discussion or for an application form, please contact Tanya Bentham on the contact details above.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.