Wrenn School is a secondary school for students aged 11-18 in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. Wrenn School joined Creative Education Trust in 2018 and this has enabled the school to pursue rapid improvement for the children it teaches.
Wrenn School was rated ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2018 and was awarded ‘Northamptonshire School of The Year’ the same year. All staff at Wrenn share the clear vision that the child is at the heart of everything they do.
The Trust's mission is to develop the full academic, personal and social potential of each individual student. We have high expectations of our students and are an inclusive community that welcomes students from all backgrounds. At the heart of our ethos is the aim to instil in students self-esteem, self-respect and confidence.
The trust is seeking to appoint an exceptional permanent Principal to:
1. Provide inspirational and motivational leadership across the school that raises aspirations and drives academic performance
2. Champion a culture that encourages initiative and accountability, to strengthen the quality of leadership at all levels
3. Deliver a rich and varied curriculum that meets students’ needs in an ever-changing world
4. Develop effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders across the community to fulfil the school’s goals
Preferably an existing Headteacher or Principal with substantial experience of school leadership, you will have the creativity, drive and ambition to lead our school. You are committed to developing a strong team of leaders, teachers and support staff to deliver a culture of continuous school improvement. Building on the ethos of Wrenn School and Creative Education Trust, you will foster an environment in which learning thrives and where students are at the heart of everything.
In return for your energy, passion and ambition, we offer you the whole-hearted support of a successful and growing multi-academy trust. You will also be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration package, and the opportunity to work collaboratively with a group of talented Principals to drive the Trust’s future.
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2021 at 9am
First Round Interviews: Thursday 11th March 2021
Second Round Interviews: Friday 12th March 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Located in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, Wrenn School is a secondary school for boys and girls aged 11-18. The establishment has two campuses: London Road, for Years 7-8 and the sixth-form; and Doddington Road, for Years 9-11. The coeducational s...