Bilborough Sixth Form College in Nottingham is seeking an inspirational and dynamic Principal to replace the current Principal who is due to retire in August 2019. The person appointed will take up post at our successful, popular and inclusive sixth form college at an exciting time as it joins the newly established Better Futures Multi Academy Trust as one of just two founding sixth form colleges.
We are proud of our consistently strong academic results. Just as important, is our commitment to ensuring that students leave us with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to enter the global workplace. There is already much to be proud of at Bilborough, but we refuse to rest in our pursuit of excellence. As we enter the next phase of our development, we need to build on our successes and embrace future challenges. Dynamic and reflective, you will lead and manage the College to match and surpass what we have already achieved at Bilborough. For the right candidate, who is able to demonstrate exceptional strategic leadership, this role also presents the opportunity to contribute more widely across the newly established trust.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your leadership career in a College where talented and dedicated staff strive to build on our high standards and our strong local and regional reputation, with the support of a committed local governing body. This role will have strong appeal to candidates with a successful track record of leadership in a College or 11-18 school who have the expertise to make a rapid and sustainable, positive impact for our young people.
We need an exceptional leader who:
• Will ensure that the well-being and success of our students is at the heart of every decision;
• Has a deep commitment to educational improvement, excellence and innovation with the ability and vision to lead the College on its journey to outstanding;
• Has outstanding people leadership skills to motivate and empower our talented staff team;
• Is passionate about working in an ethnically diverse, inclusive College and can embrace and promote the College’s vision and values;
• Is committed to working as part of a family of colleges within the Trust;
We can offer you:
• A unique opportunity to lead a college as it becomes part of a developing national group of sixth form colleges;
• Students who are eager to learn, well behaved and very proud of their College;
• A culture of high expectations for students and staff;
• An appetite for innovation and continuous improvement;
• A dedicated and supportive senior leadership team;
• Purpose-built teaching and learning facilities;
• A supportive and committed Local Governing Body.
A relocation package will be considered. The post is eligible for the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
How to Apply:
If you share our vision for education and are passionate about helping all students reach their full potential, you will be well placed to join our team and we would like to hear from you.
For more detailed information about the role please download the job information pack.
To apply for this role please download the application form using the tab below. You should include a personal statement explaining your suitability for the post. Completed application forms should be uploaded onto the College’s TES portal or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5pm on Sunday 19th May 2019.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 3rd and 4th June 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to pre-employment screening including DBS clearance. We are an equal opportunities employer.