What we can offer
Do you have a passion for getting the best out of every child? Would you like to have the best teaching experience in our challenging and rewarding environment?
• The post is in a Reception class, and you will be working with an enthusiastic and supportive team.
• The school prides itself on continuously improving and updating practice, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to our evolving curriculum.
• Children here come first, and Ofsted told us that there is ‘a culture of care for each individual’.
• Continued professional development is a priority and you will be supported to develop as a teacher in a respectful and collaborative culture.
• Working closely with families is part of our ethos.
• We are committed to making school as rich as possible for children, and there are opportunities to take part in a range of artistic and creative opportunities, including outdoor learning in our fantastic on-site Forest School.
• We know that children’s behaviour is communication, and their feelings are taken seriously.
Some of our children said they would like the following in a teacher:
• extra homework
• provides us with learning chances and challenges
• sets a good example
• shows us respect
• will want to build positive relationships with us
• ensures no-one is left out
• respects our Values
• trusts us
• gives us individual attention when we need it
This is what the children said they would like to offer to you:
• school values
• good relationships between staff and children
• a Headteacher who listens to us
• a forest school on site (still growing)
• Zones of Engagement
• the best school ever
Our school is part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
•all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
•sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
•all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
•collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
• where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people