The British Junior Academy of Brussels is located in the diplomatic residential area of Brussels and the diverse intake is reflected in our proximity to the main institutions of the EU, major NGOs and offices of multinational companies. Our reputation, since 1994, as a high-quality provider of the National Curriculum of England is recognised in the community and by our 2019 'Excellent' rating by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). The report can be accessed here.
The school already has an excellent record of feeding pupils into top European and British independent schools including Eton, Thomas’s Battersea, Westminster, Magdalen College, St Mary’s Ascot and James Allen's Girls School, and continues to attract high calibre British and international families.
Our ethos is grounded in providing a safe, caring, respectful, tolerant and disciplined environment where high standards prevail in all areas of school life. The school has approximately 200 pupils and a teaching staff of 40.
The school is seeking an experienced Reception class teacher. We look for teachers with the ability to support, nurture and challenge children from a range of backgrounds and starting points. BJAB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to background checks in line with British Overseas Standards.
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications:
- An excellent knowledge of UK education and the National Curriculum of England
- Qualified Teacher Status
- At least 2 years teaching experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage in a British school (preferred) or a British international school
- English as a first language
Applications without these essential criteria will not be considered. This position is not suitable for Newly Qualified Teachers.
Working at BJAB offers:
- A competitive salary based on years of teaching experience
- Lunch vouchers for each working day
- Ecological product vouchers
- Transport compensation
- Pension plan
- Hospitalisation insurance (family included)
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement with responsibilities within the school
This position will begin in September 2021. If interested, please submit a completed application form. Our Headteacher, Mrs Sarah White, also welcomes cover letters and CVs in addition to the standard TES form.
British Junior Academy of Brussels
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years