Salary Range: $57,605
Position: Residential Supervisor
Start Date: Immediate Start
Classification: Full-time Contract
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km northwest of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single-drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from experienced and passionate Residential Supervisors to commence with us on a full-time Contract basis for an immediate start.
This position works up to 48 hours per week for 38 weeks per year.
About the role
The Residential Supervisor is responsible for College residential matters affecting the residential life of the students under the direction of the Head of House. The role holder is responsible for the administration and development of a philosophy of residential life that will contribute to the faith development of the students.
- Ensure efficient organisation and administration of residential systems and procedures to maintain a positive, clean, safe and well maintained environment for the boarders of St Teresa’s
- Provide and support effective communication systems with students, parents, boarding staff and community
- Support, supervise and promote student involvement in, and commitment to extra-curricular and boarding programs and excursions (including study commitments)
- Ensure routines and guidelines for students are carried out consistently to ensure a safe physical and emotional environment
- Contribute to an environment where students’ self-esteem and sense of worth are enhanced, and where values of respect, reason, responsibility, tolerance, initiative, co-operation, endeavour, compassion and acceptance of the differences in others and striving for ‘best’ are foremost
- Educate students in regard to personal hygiene, health, safety and dress standards
- Ensure responsibility and diligence for the day to day running of the dormitory and dining room in accordance with daily schedules
- Provide generalist administration support and maintain accurate records in accordance with systems and processes
- Ensure adequate discipline is maintained within the dormitory in accordance with the schools systems for managing student behaviour ensuring adequate liaison with the Director of Boarding and Head of House
- Liaise effectively with the Head of Boarding and Head of House on matters pertaining to student health, behaviour and wellbeing.
- Driver's License minimum, however, Bus License (MR) is desirable
- Previous experience driving a bus is highly regarded
- Demonstrated supervision of boarders, including development and care
- Knowledge of standards of health, hygiene and safety
- Ability to monitor and be responsible for the content of boarding reports and records including incident sheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to communicate with a range of staff across primary and secondary school settings
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with boarding families
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Current Senior First Aid certificate, or ability to obtain one
How to apply
- Complete a covering letter outlining why you are most suitable for the position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 24th January 2020 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit:
Hinchinbrook Shire Council
Broadwater National Park