Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, Harrow Bangkok is part of a family of schools in the UK and Asia who share a similar ethos and high standards. Benefitting from a 35-acre garden campus in one of the world’s most diverse and dynamic cities, Harrow Bangkok is firmly established, highly respected and consistently popular with more than 1,600 boys and girls aged 18 months to 18 years, including 15% who board. Graduates achieve world-class examination results and move on to high-ranking universities worldwide following a progressive, rigorous academic education aligned with a strong commitment to developing the whole person.
We are seeking high performing counsellors for posts commencing in August 2022. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements.
Experience and qualifications:
• Postgraduate Diploma or Masters level in counselling or a related field
• Further therapeutic training or qualification in working with children and young people
• An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
• An awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
• Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the safeguarding of children, (Keeping Children Safe in Education UK 2021, Children Act 2004 and Thai Child Protection Act 2546 (2003))
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Positive communication and listening skills
• Ability to build appropriate relationships
• Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
• A mature and non-judgemental outlook
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all other countries in which the applicant has worked and no question regarding suitability to work with children
• Appropriate references from current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
How to apply
• Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Friday, 10th December 2021 at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
• Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
• Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok email@example.com
Please find Prospectus in this link
Please find Professional Development Bulletin in this link
More information is available on our website https://www.harrowschool.ac.th/about-us/recruitment/information-for-applicants
Harrow International School Bangkok
Harrow Bangkok is the original Harrow International School in Asia, founded in 1998. The school is thriving, with its own reputation for educational excellence as one of the leading schools in Thailand and So...