Term time only, plus 5 days
The overall purpose of the post is to provide first aid and medical assistance to students and staff at Leeds West Academy. The person appointed will play a key role in promoting the on-going health and welfare of the community.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- to attend to the medical needs of students and staff
- to receive medication from students for safe keeping and administration as directed
- to liaise with School Health to administer an annual health programme of medical and dental inspections, eye tests, hearing tests and injections
- to arrange for students to go to hospital/home/doctors/dentist etc and take them when necessary
- to ensure accident reports and Risk Assessment forms are completed in accordance with the Health & Safety policy and that statistics are produced
- to provide first aid training for students and staff
- to work with the attendance and pastoral teams, to help to improve attendance to the academy
- to work closely with families and students, promoting healthy lifestyles, meeting with families, and doing home visits to support the attendance team where relevant
- to assist with the provision of the Healthy Schools programme through the academy’s Value Curriculum
- to take an active role in supporting healthy eating and be available to work with groups of students across the school
- to ensure First Aid boxes in school are equipped, checked and re-filled
- to attend meetings as required
- to liaise with feeder primary schools prior to the beginning of each academic year, and at other relevant times, in order to ensure the smooth transfer of medical information for the new intake students
- to keep records of daily incidents
- to keep students’ medical records up to date
- to complete required medical support plans and risk assessments for staff and students
- to keep stock of equipment and materials and order as required, within an allocated budget, ensuring deliveries are accurate and invoices are correct
- to operate computer to input/retrieve data and to produce reports etc
- to comply with security requirements of the position ensuring keys and medicines are kept secure and that data protection requirements are met
- to ensure medical training and approach is up to date and in line with current medical advice and practice
- to provide the student information desk with support in terms of student welfare
- to carry out any other duties appropriate to the post which may be required
- any other duties commensurate with the post
Leeds West Academy – Leading in Learning
Leeds West Academy is an over-subscribed 11-18 school with an Ofsted rating of good with outstanding leadership. Thriving in a state of the art building with stunning views over the River Aire, our academy is committed to delivering an outstanding education to each and every one of our students. We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds West Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing Date: 2 December 2016 at 12 noon
Interviews to be held week commencing 5 December 2016
To apply visit http://www.leedswestacademy.org.uk/About-Us/Vacancies/ and download an application form. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to visit our Academy please contact Mrs Yvonne Hare at email@example.com who will be happy to arrange a tour at your convenience.
Visitors are welcomed and strongly encouraged