Position: School Officer - Library Services
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Term Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $29.81 - $31.07 per hour pending experience
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 January 2022
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is a Townsville Girls Catholic College, founded in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The college accepts enrolments from girls in Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The college is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is seeking an experienced and dedicated School Officer - Library Services to commence in Term 1, 2022. This is a Term Time, Permanent position.
The role of School Officer – Library Services is to contribute to the provision of a quality educational service by providing efficient and high quality support to teachers and students with the preparation and/or enhancement of learning materials for the efficient running of teaching at St Margaret Mary’s College.
The School Officer – Library Services will be required to undertake a broad range of administrative tasks to support the school community and will offer challenging and diversity with scope of work being undertaken. You will be required to supervise students during lunch breaks.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
The School Officer – Library Services typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist students with loan and reference enquiries within an information service environment
- Assist with internet and online database searches to support research
- Maintain and update library resources, records and systems, including data management
- Maintain, operate and trouble shoot issues with equipment including IT and AV equipment
- Undertake copy cataloguing and classification
- Maintain circulation systems
- Copy catalogue books, magazines, journals and recorded material
- Assist with stocktaking of resources
- Administrative tasks to support the functioning of the library – barcoding, stamping, spine labelling and covering
- Promote the library services and resources to all staff and students
- Administrative tasks as required to support the functionality of the school.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library activities and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace and contribute to new approaches
- An appreciation of the changing role of the Library in the education sector and the capacity to adapt accordingly
- Experience in a school/educational setting interacting with students and staff.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships
- Established oral communication skills, especially in relation to staff, students and parents
- Developed written, verbal, visual and non-verbal communication skills to ensure positive engagement with staff, students and parents
- Ability to assist library users with reading, research and information needs
- Ability to manage time and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate proactive and responsive decision making.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a pro-active attitude
- Confident, articulate and engaging with a personal warmth that engenders mutual respect with students, staff and parents
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the school community and driven to achieve the best outcomes
- Willingness to use and train in technology and library trends
- Highly motivated with a “can do’ attitude.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Range: $29.81 - $31.07 per hour pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes and professional learning programs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of at least two professional referees
For more information, please refer to the Position Description.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday, 4 January 2022.
View other vacancies here.