Start date: Commencing ASAP
Position: Part-time, Ongoing Term-Time only
(32.5 hours per week)
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Peter Scott, Principal of GSCC has a particular passion for curriculum and contemporary learning practice and for developing consistent and quality teaching and learning. He believes in fostering strong relationships with all stakeholders to create an environment which is inclusive, welcoming, progressive, secure and focused on quality contemporary Catholic education.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Laboratory Assistant to join our team on a part-time permanent basis.
The applicant will preferably have a Certificate in Lab Technician, however this is not essential.
- Prepare science practicals using various types of laboratory equipment
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Order required stock for laboratory practicals
- Provide support to science teaching staff when required
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
- Regularly check supplies in laboratory and keep inventory up to date
- Maintain communication with Science department and OH&S officer to maintain laboratory OH&S compliance
Please see the Position Description for any further information.
How to apply
- Complete a covering letter explaining why you are best suited to this position
- Attach your current resume
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 20th May 2019.