Who are tes?
TES Global's story is an extraordinary one: its digital community on TES Connect is one of the fastest growing of any profession globally, and it boasts a 100-year heritage at the centre of the teaching and education community, with offices in London, San Francisco and Sydney. Today, TES Global has over 6.9 million teacher members in 197 countries across the globe and connects more than 72 million teachers and students. Up to 6.3 million resources are downloaded from the site a week, 13 a second. Home to more than 800,000 individually crafted teaching resources developed by teachers for teachers, this unparalleled collection helps to guide, inform and inspire educators around the world.
This wealth of resources allows education professionals to share and benefit from one another's resources and lesson plans, driving excellence in the education sector.
Tes Institute is Tes's accredited teacher training and development organisation, focused on initial teacher training/qualification and ongoing professional development for teachers and other school staff.
B2B business development and sales is a key focus for Tes Institute as we build our presence nationally across both core Initial Teacher Training and CPD products, and new product areas, such as the launch of our Virtual Learning Environment for teachers, Learn. Scaling-up our B2B sales activity with a wide range of clients and partners including MATs, schools, school-based teacher training providers, HEIs and other sector stakeholders across England will accordingly play a central part in achieving our strategic goals.
This is a sales-focused role to help drive Tes Institute's growth nationally; combining sales activity and strategic partnership development with the building of a strong pipeline of sales leads and opportunities for revenue growth.
We are looking for a commercially-minded individual with substantial senior experience of business development and sales in education, and ideally, some knowledge of the initial teacher training context, professional development requirements and technology-led learning.
The ability to hold credible conversations with senior school staff/stakeholders and a consultative approach to sales will be central to success; as will excellent verbal and written communication skills to design/deliver strong pitches, promote the work of Tes Institute at events, and create tailored proposals and innovative client solutions.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in converting sales leads to generate revenue growth, sharing market intelligence and reporting on education opportunities. He/she will be adept at horizon-scanning for new business, with a good understanding of the competitive landscape in target regions, and a broad network of school and education contacts to draw upon.
This role will require significant national travel to forge relationships with new clients and partners. The ability to operate flexibly, in a fast-paced environment, and to work collaboratively with key team members from sales, marketing, operational programme delivery and product development, both within Tes Institute and across the wider business will be critical.
The role will be supported extensively by the full Tes Institute team to ensure success.
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Significant experience and a proven track record in national/regional sales for education, preferably with some knowledge of delivering and managing either teacher training, and/or ongoing professional development
- Client-focused, motivated and proactive, with a passion for delivering excellent service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven expertise in pitching/presenting
- Comfortable with holding credible conversations at a strategic level with senior school stakeholders, and developing effective and tailored client solutions
- Strong understanding of the national education and teacher training landscape, school requirements and a network of relevant contacts
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial, with ability to manage the relationship between costs, pricing and profitability of course delivery
- Experience working with learning technologies, particularly in a training context. Good general computer/IT skills
- Flexible, a self-starter able to work autonomously, and as part of a team as required
- First class organisational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills to ensure excellent working relationships both with the sales and marketing teams, programme teams, other TES teams
What do you get in return?
25 days annual leave, competitive salary, car allowance, 3% pension after probation, State of the art city centre offices, Access to a range of benefits vis perkbox, Discounted parking for city centre, a people centric culture all driven to achieve the same goal, a supportive and consultative environment, a highly experienced HR team, to support you with development.