Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is a BSO-accredited school seeking to strengthen its Science provision as it expands from a British international co-educational primary school to an all through 3-18 school.
The school features new laboratory rooms and we are seeking to appoint a Science Laboratory Technician already based in Kuwait to maintain and coordinate their use.
Important: You must already be resident in Kuwait.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us on our journey as we strive to ensure that our pupils take their place in the 21st century global community.
In return for your service, we offer:
- A tax-free salary set at the local market rate.
- End-of-service indemnity.
- Discounted tuition fees for employees with children.
What you offer
You will provide direct technical support and advice in order to meet the practical teaching and learning needs of the science curriculum (Biology, Chemistry and Physics). You will coordinate the use and maintenance of practical resources and facilities and carry out risk assessments as appropriate to ensure all lab/science teaching activities are within school policies and best practice.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience working as a laboratory technician in school or college science departments.
- Solid knowledge of Health and Safety, risk assessments and understanding of science-based practical activities.
- Familiar with CLEAPPS and COSHH regulations (or local equivalent).
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with good numeracy skills.
- Team-working skills and able to use own initiative.
- Competent IT skills and experience with using GSuite for Education (Gmail, google apps, shared drives, etc).
- Kuwait residency in place.
- Police Certificate / DBS check.
- A formal Laboratory Technician qualification will be advantageous.
How to apply
Email your application directly to:
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application (highlighting your science laboratory experience)
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Sunday 23 May 2021.
We interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted in person.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years