Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Science Teacher (Biology)
Classification: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Burdekin Catholic High School is a Catholic secondary co-educational school catering for students in Years 7 to 12. The school provides quality education with a broad curriculum base within a caring Christian environment. Opportunities exist for those students seeking an academic education along with those seeking a more vocational direction.
At Burdekin Catholic High School, we recognise that each student's contribution to school life is unique and that to attain the aims and ideals of the school for each student, there must be a close working harmony between the home, the community, the Church and the school.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Biology Teacher to join our team on a permanent basis at Burdekin Catholic High School. This role will be teaching Junior Science and Senior Biology. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
Graduate Teachers welcome to apply!
The Science (Biology) Teacher is responsible to the Principal through the relevant members of the College Leadership Team and the Faculty Leader
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Upload your current resume including referee's
- Complete a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position you are applying for.
Applications close 9am Friday 24th January 2020 unless filled prior.
The successful applicant is ideally able to commence Week 1 Term 1 2020.