band 3-8 (£15,827.90 - £17,474.47)
37 hours a week, 44.46 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We currently have 950 pupils on roll and are growing every year. At Greenwood our core values are Respect, Responsibility and Resilience and this forms the foundation of our school culture. We also believe that instilling a 'Growth Mindset' will allow every child to unlock their full potential. We offer a wide range of opportunities beyond the core curriculum whether in the Arts which includes school productions, dance, drama and music performances or through our extensive Sports programme which takes advantage of grass and 4G pitches, Sports hall with specialist dance studio and Multi Use Games Area.
Our state-of-the-art new building and world class facilities make the most of the latest technology available to enhance the learning environment, including the Google Education platform. Most importantly, children and young adults at Greenwood Academy tell us they enjoy coming to school and feel safe and secure.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Science Technician to support the students and teachers within the Science Department. You will work with the teachers and support staff to ensure that programs of personalised learning are set for students. You must be able to work on your own initiative and communicate effectively at all levels.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will be able to offer invaluable practical and administrative support to teaching staff to support Science lessons.
- Ideally, have experience of working in a school or be a graduate with experience looking to enter into work in education.
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Have a passion for Science
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 23rd August 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale. We moved into our £20 million new build in September 2017 with world class fa...