This is a fantastic opportunity to be a Secondary ASD Class Teacher, using your knowledge to teach, your passion to change, and your example to inspire.
About the role:
As as an enthusiastic Secondary ASD Teacher you will make a difference whilst working with a group of pupils who have moderate or severe learning difficulties, many of whom have a diagnosis of Autism.
The role entails planning and delivering personalised programmes for learning that ensures the highest levels of progress for pupils. You will monitor and evaluate pupil progress and make adjustments in response to the outcomes. You will lead, and effectively deploy adults in the class team and ensure the safeguarding, safety and well-being of the pupils.
About the school:
Based in the London Borough of Hounslow, Marjory Kinnon School is a popular special school for pupils aged 4-16 years with moderate and severe learning difficulties, many of whom have a diagnosis of Autism. Ofsted has judged the school as ‘Good’ with elements of ‘Outstanding’. We are committed to raising standards that promote the welfare of our pupils through safeguarding and enhancing their learning experiences.
This is an exciting time to join our happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as we undergo a period of growth and development in our new purpose built building with excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils, and enhance their education.
• You will be a qualified teacher with QTS (NQT’s will be considered as we have comprehensive NQT induction and mentoring systems in place).
• You will have a passion for Special Educational Needs and a creative, inspirational approach to developing and delivering the curriculum, able to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential.
• You will be able to work collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
• You will be an excellent classroom manager, able to effectively lead a team of Teaching Assistants.
What we offer:
• A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
• A school that not only invests in our pupils, but also our staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
• A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
• Excellent transport links with Hatton Cross Station and Feltham Station close by.
• Please download, complete the application form and submit online.
• If shortlisted, you will be required to spend one full day in our school. The assessment day will be multi-faceted and will include class based activities as well as an interview and written tasks. Full details will be sent out with interview letters.
Marjory Kinnon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to DBS checks.
If you would like to visit our school or if you have any queries relating to this opportunity please contact Janet Kapila on email@example.com or on 020 890 2032.
Closing date: 24th June 2019
Interviewing date: TBC