Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 20th January 2020.
37hrs per week, 42 weeks per year
Grade K to L, points 32 to 41 (£34,788 to £43,662 fte)
We require an experienced and versatile School Business Manager to support the senior leadership team and manage the support staff across the academy. As the academy is now part of Tove Learning Trust (TLT), a key part of the role will be to embed and blend the trust’s systems, procedures and protocols into ours and ensure optimum efficiency in priority areas. The exact job role will depend on the skill set of the successful candidate but it is likely that they will have extensive experience in either finance or HR and be able to lead the school in this area. TLT is a MAT with a small central structure and a large amount of autonomy granted to its constituent schools. Their model is to ensure each school has its own School Business Manager (or equivalent) and the post holder will work closely with the central trust team to ensure compliance with our statutory responsibilities.
The successful candidate will :
- have a recognisable qualification in school business management, accountancy, human resources or procurement and contract management
- have experience in working in a school or business environment at a senior level
- have the skills and personality to be able to support Headteachers, lead school teams and build successful working relationships
- be able to demonstrate strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. and a mastery of bespoke software relating to the job role.
- have the desire to help build successful schools and demonstrate a commitment to ensuring that our school communities are effective, efficient and sustainable
- have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure. Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the academy will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students. The Local Governing Body of Rushden Academy and Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply - All documents including the full job description, person specification and application form are available on our website. Please ensure your application form and covering letter includes examples of your experience and how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. Please do not send a CV without a fully completed application form. Further information requests or completed applications should be sent to Katie Fell on email@example.com
Rushden Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.