Oryx International School is owned by Qatar Airways and operated by Orbital Education for the children of Qatar Airways employees. The school opened its doors in 2016 and is now relocating to Barwa City where a purpose built, state of the art school is being constructed.
The school has committed, passionate and motivated stake-holders that have the students at the centre of everything we do.
We offer the rigour, breadth and balance of the English National Curriculum which will ensure all of our students from the 50 different nationalities will achieve success in the classroom, in one of the many laboratories, on the sports field, in the swimming pool, in the music room or on the stage of our 600 seat auditorium.
If you want to join our amazing team at Oryx International, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced teacher in your field
· Able to offer at least one extra-curricular activity
· Totally committed to helping your students to achieve success
In return you will be very well compensated and have many opportunities to develop as an educationalist and as a person.
Secondary School Science Teacher
As we move to our new campus at Barwa City we are looking for applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teachers who wish to develop their teaching career in an international setting. If successful, you would be joining a very supportive committed group of professionals with a mix of young and more experienced teachers. You will be working in a five star environment in a brand new, purpose built, and state of the art school.
Our classrooms are active and our students participate in their learning. Teachers look to provide many opportunities for speaking within lessons as many of our students do not have English as a mother tongue. Experience of teaching in a similar context will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will show a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students.
We will expect you to successfully plan and deliver outstanding science lessons, across the three areas, on a daily basis that both challenge our students and significantly advance their learning. We anticipate you will achieve this by being passionate about your subject and transferring your knowledge in a creative and efficient way in the classroom.
A candidate who can demonstrate the required professional skills will have the opportunity to lead the department in its development over the next few years. In this case a specialism in at least one and probably two areas of the science curriculum will be essential as you will be charged with developing the curriculum in preparation for opening KS4 and KS5 classes.
There are six new science laboratories, with Preparation Rooms. The department will benefit from a full time resource technician.
On occasions you will introduce Primary students to the science facilities and provide PD for Primary colleagues. You might be asked to take on the role of a secondary form tutor in the first year and possibly beyond.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· A brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and that applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.