Gilroy Santa Maria College is a co-educational Catholic College administered by Townsville Catholic Education with a current enrolment of approximately 300 students. We are recognised throughout Northern Queensland as a school that has achieved great success in the academic, cultural, sporting and vocational fields over the past 60 years. Our curriculum is broad, allowing for the development of students in many areas. We have a skilled Student Support Services Team available to provide counselling, career advice and learning support for students, parents and teachers.
As part of our teaching team, we will provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Gilroy Santa Maria College have an exciting opportunity available to commence in Term 1 of 2020.
We are seeking applications for a teacher to teach any of the combination of the following subjects:
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching one of the above mentioned subjects
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications for this position will close 4pm Friday 27th September 2019.