We are seeking to appoint a full time SENDCo that has the appropriate qualifications and/or experience to join our team, supported by our Trust, GLF Schools.
The SENDCo will play a vital role across the whole school and within our Inclusion Team. The Inclusion Leadership Team consists of the following roles:
Senior Leader for Behaviour and Inclusion
5 Pupil Welfare Leads
Our goal is to ensure all students benefit from an inclusive education and we are committed to providing the very best education for our students.
We provide exceptional learning environments and facilities enhanced by a strong community spirit. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning which takes account of the needs of all learners.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of sustainable school improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, within the school values of ‘resilience, ambition and respect.’
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and developing the SEND provision and will be an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational needs.
We require someone who:
• Has previous experience or has an exceptional understanding of SEND
• Has SENDCo experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
• Has an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
• Has both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
• Is open to new approaches to learning and teaching
• Is an excellent team player
• Has had some previous ASD experience and SLCN needs
Why work at Meridian High School
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal/career development.
• A Pension Scheme.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
This is a full time role. We will consider all applications included those applicants who are new to role and willing to complete the SENDco accreditation.
Salary: UPS Scale
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 20 October 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Interview date: Friday 22 October 2021
Executive Headteacher's Welcome
Thank you for expressing an interest in Meridian High School.
Since the start of this academic year, I have been leading the strategic direction of Meridian as Executive Headteacher. Our Leadership Team are commi...