Position: Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Salary Range: Professional Officer - Level 2 $85,386- $96,103 (depending on experience)
Incentives: Mobile Phone Allowance, 5 weeks annual leave
Classification: Full-time, Permanent
Commencing Date: As soon as practicable
Location: Eastbrooke Centre, Townsville
Closing Date: 24th January 2020
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Whitsunday and Burdekin regions in the south, and north to Ingham and Halifax, south-west to Winton, and west to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
About the Role
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer (SBID) is an Information Technology professional who manages a number of services within the Information Technology and Services Team (ITS). The SBID is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions to achieve TCE’s strategic outcomes.
Working with key stakeholders, the SBID has a delivery focus that works to provide creative solutions for improved services and outcomes within ITS.
The SBID will work as part of the Knowledge and Applications (KA) team to design, build and support KA services across TCE. Additionally, the incumbent will recommend changes to improve and create efficiencies in the KA services catalogue. The SBID reports directly to the Team Leader Knowledge and Applications, and may lead small ad hoc teams.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working arrangement with other teams within ITS, TCE and external service providers, to ensure quality service outcomes for students, teachers, staff and schools.
- Effectively acquire, maintain and improve knowledge of relevant Information Technology standards, best practice, and processes to ensure quality service outcomes for students, teachers, staff and schools.
- Participate in determining goals and ITS planning and coordinate their implementation.
- Undertake appropriate Information Technology works to meet agreed service levels.
- Assist in the specification and application of standards within ITS.
- Research suppliers and maintain an understanding of the ICT environment.
- Assist in vendor management and procurement.
- Develop and prepare business and analytical reports, and respond to internal correspondence.
- Lead or assist in various project activities and programs as required.
- Produce and review outline system designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of technologies within TCE.
- Adopt and adapt appropriate system design methods, tools and techniques, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Design large or complex systems, undertaking impact analysis on major design options and trade-offs.
- Other duties as directed.
- At least five years’ experience in Business Intelligence roles
- Strong demonstrated experience designing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (TSQL, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI)
- Knowledge of data modelling and analysis, data warehouse implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of vendor contract management
- Proven knowledge of ETL development.
- An ability to communicate effectively and confidently with a range of employees across TCE
- Developed interpersonal skills, including an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a broad stakeholder group
- Well-developed attention to detail with the ability to balance competing deadlines.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- PRINCE2 Qualifications
- ITIL4 Qualifications
- Azure Analytics Services
- Relevant industry experience in the education sector.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $85,386- $96,103
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
- Attach a written cover letter addressing skills attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Friday 24th January 2020.