The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is key to the delivery of technical support services to TES Global for the London area and associated infrastructure.
As part of a team with wide range of responsibilities and skill levels, you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and processes. The role will work across 1st line interaction with customers managing service requests and incidents through to 3rd line resolution of complex problems in conjunction with 3rd parties.
The structure of this team is designed to open up opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of options for professional development as well as create an environment where team working is part of the working day as well promoting individual technical expertise.
· Support the management of our data centre in Enfield including networking, server infrastructure, storage and security.
· Support the management of our RLS infrastructure including desktops, printing, remote access, LAN and WAN services, local server infrastructure, storage and security.
· Work closely with the wider Information Technology and Infrastructure team to provide consistent levels of services across Tes Global’s locations, web services and remote staff.
· Develop a sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
· Be the subject matter expert for the Sheffield, Red Lion Square and Enfield infrastructure.
· Manage the escalation of incidents to 3rd party support providers as appropriate.
· Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers.
· Ensure we maintain and develop local IT guidelines, processes, practices and procedures that support a high quality of customer service.
· Provide overflow support and intelligent hands for the IT service desk as required.
· Ensure all incidents and requests are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
· Ensure all hardware and software inventories are kept up to date.
· Must have strong technical skills across a wide breadth of infrastructure.
· Proactive in suggesting new ideas that simplify or accelerate the delivery of technology solutions
· Take responsibility for decisions and the quality of work
· Must have a customer service mentality
· Maintain a positive and proactive attitude
· Foster good working relationships with other technology teams and business units.
· Demonstrable ability to prioritise and multitask
· Must possess strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Able to demonstrate strong time management skills