We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, Senior Safeguarding Officer & Wellbeing Manager/DSL to join our Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will take lead responsibility for Safeguarding and Child Protection across the school. We are looking for a candidate who:
• has a proven track record of Safeguarding and Child Protection work;
• has excellent organisational and leadership skills;
• has experience of developing and delivering Safeguarding training, as appropriate;
• has the capacity to contribute to the Emotionally Healthy Schools initiative and the psychological wellbeing of students in the school;
• has excellent interpersonal skills needed to develop positive and supportive professional relationships with students, parents, external agencies and the wider community;
• has a working knowledge and understanding of current and national issues in relation to Safeguarding and Child Protection;
• has the ability to analyse problems, reach considered judgements, resolve issues and delegate effectively.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for a more detailed description of the role and requirements for this post. Further guidance and school policies can be accessed via the school website: www.littleover.derby.sch.uk under Job Vacancies and Safeguarding.
Completed application forms, with supporting letter explaining why you feel you have the qualifications, experience and personal qualities required for this post, should be returned either by post to the school address or by email to: email@example.com
Candidates wishing to visit the school may do so on Monday 21st January, 2019 at 2.30 pm. Please contact school beforehand to indicate your attendance.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. If you have not heard anything by the end of February, your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications : Monday 28th January, 2019
Interviews to be held on : Friday 8th February, 2019