St Peter’s RC High School & Sixth Form Centre is a mixed 11 - 18 school for approximately 1500 pupils. Our mission is to provide a rigorous and broad education within a Christian environment. An understanding of the Roman Catholic faith, in line with the Gospel message, underpins the whole work of the school and our main aim is to develop the self-esteem, dignity and respect of all members of its community by concentrating on each person’s infinite worth in the eyes of God. Our Christian ethos underpins all of the school’s work, providing a safe and happy learning environment.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an exceptional, energetic and ambitious senior vice principal as a key member of our well-established School Leadership Team, a role of critical importance in developing excellent teaching and learning to secure good outcomes for all our students. The successful candidate will work with members of the SLT under the direction of the Principal and be responsible for Progress and for the strategic development of Teaching and Learning across the whole school.
You will be responsible for:
- Raising standards and achievement through excellence in Teaching & Learning
- Raising standards and achievement through Staff Development and Training
- Evaluating teaching and learning through monitoring of pupils’ work, lesson visits, conversations with pupils and study period
- Monitoring pupil progress
- School evaluation including liaison with curriculum leaders and others and the development of the school self-evaluation document
We welcome applications from talented leaders looking to extend their experience and from ambitious middle leaders seeking their first senior leadership post. You will be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and will have the ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers. As an outstanding teacher and leader with demonstrable leadership experience, you will make a significant contribution to the leadership and success of our school. The role requires strategic thinking, excellent communication skills and an ability to lead and to motivate staff and students.
You will have:
- Experience of effective management of a high-achieving faculty or other team
- Experience of sustained delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement
- A proven track record in leadership
- Relevant skills to raise standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in line management of teams
This role is a protected post for a practising Catholic.
As such, you will take a leading role in supporting the governors and other leaders to sustain and to develop the school ethos to provide a rigorous and broad education within the context of a Christian environment. You will demonstrate and embody an understanding of the Roman Catholic faith, in line with the Gospel message, which underpins the whole work of the school.
- You will take a leading role in helping governors and other leaders to develop the self-esteem, dignity and respect of all members of the community by concentrating on each person’s infinite worth in the eyes of God
- You will play a full part in the life of the school community, support its aims and ethos and encourage other staff and students to follow this example
How to Apply:
Please download the attached application pack for full details. If you consider St Peter’s to be the right school for you, we would very much welcome your application.
Please send your completed Application Form and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Wednesday, 15 January 2020 at midday.
Day 1: 5th February 2020
Day 2: 6th February 2020 (for shortlisted candidates following day 1)
Start date: ideally April 2020, possibly September 2020 for the right candidate.
St Peter's Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
St Peter's RC High School and Sixth Form Centre
Stroud Road, Tuffley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL4 0DD.