St Peter’s is a mixed 11 - 18 school for approximately 1500 pupils and our mission is to provide a rigorous and broad education within a Christian environment.
The Governors are seeking an exceptional, energetic and ambitious Senior Vice Principal to join our well-established School Leadership Team, work with its members under the direction of the Principal and be responsible for Progress and the strategic development of Teaching and Learning across the whole school.
You will be responsible for:
- Raising standards and achievement through excellence in Teaching & Learning and through Staff Development & Training
- Evaluating teaching and learning through monitoring pupils’ work, lesson visits, conversations with pupils and study periods
- Monitoring pupil progress
- School evaluation including development of the school self-evaluation document
We seek an outstanding teacher and leader with demonstrable leadership experience, either a talented leader looking to extend their experience and or an ambitious middle leader seeking their first senior leadership post - someone who can make a significant contribution to the leadership and success of our school.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a highly motivated strategic thinker with a proven track record in leadership
- Be passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers
- Have experience of effectively managing a high-achieving faculty or team
- Be experienced in sustaining delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement
- Have the relevant skills required to raise standards
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This role is a protected post for a practising Catholic.
You will play a leading role in sustaining and developing the school’s Christian ethos, demonstrating an understanding of the Roman Catholic faith, in line with the Gospel message, which underpins all of the school’s work. You will take a lead in helping develop the self-esteem, dignity and respect of all members of the community, concentrating on each person’s infinite worth in the eyes of God, and play a full part in the life of the school community, supporting its aims and ethos and encouraging staff and students to follow this example.
How to Apply:
If you consider St Peter’s to be the right school for you, we would very much welcome your application.
Please download the attached application pack and form, then send your completed form with a covering letter of no more than one A4 page to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 2nd March 2020 at midday
Day 1: 24th March 2020
Day 2: 25th March 2020 (for shortlisted candidates following day1)
Start date: September 2020
St Peter's Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
St Peter's RC High School and Sixth Form Centre
Stroud Road, Tuffley, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL4 0DD.