English Schools Foundation Website: http://www.esf.edu.hk
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is a modern, well-managed educational organisation, committed to offering an international education to students drawn from over 70 countries. We are proud to be at the forefront of the educational hub in Hong Kong. We actively take advantage of the opportunities that Hong Kong offers as Asia’s world city and the principal gate-way to China.
The curriculum, leading to the International Baccalaureate, is adapted to Hong Kong, and the Asia Pacific region. ESF’s 1,100 teachers are highly qualified bringing with them experience from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, the UK and many other international school systems. All schools offer a broad range of out-of-school activities in Hong Kong and overseas.
ESF has over 18,000 students. Our culture is one of joy in learning and pride in achievement. The great majority of our students study for the IB Diploma and gain entry to universities all over the world. ESF has a long-standing commitment to children with additional needs and is the principal provider for English-speaking children with special educational needs in Hong Kong. For further details about ESF, please visit our website at http://www.esf.edu.hk/.
The SEN Adviser (Secondary) provides guidance to schools on meeting students’ needs and is responsible for the leadership and management of the Career Development Service.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting secondary schools to effectively meet students’ learning and wellbeing needs;
- Leading the development of modified and adjusted curriculum for inclusion in secondary schools;
- Leading the development, implementation and coordination of professional development to enable responsive approaches to meet the learning and wellbeing needs of all students;
- Leading projects and initiatives including interagency strategies to address the needs of secondary students with complex learning needs;
- Supporting the development and implementation of policies for special educational needs;
- Providing advice to schools to meet policy and regulation relating to students with additional learning needs;
- Managing systems and procedures to facilitate the effective transition from Primary to Secondary, and Secondary to post 18 education or the workplace;
- Co-facilitating the Special Needs Advisory Group (SNAGS) for the Foundation;
- Managing and responding to parental concerns and issues in relation to students with additional learning needs in secondary schools; and
- Preparing reports, briefings and correspondence as requested by the Manager for Inclusion and Special Education Service.
- At least four years’ minimum experience in leading the provision of special education or student support services in a secondary school setting.
- Teaching Qualification and successful school- based experience.
- A qualification and/or significant experience in special education or student support services.
- Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to promote and uphold the ESF Vision and Values;
- Manage time and resources across a network of secondary schools;
- Establish positive relationships with secondary school staff, ESFC staff, parents and students;
- Work collaboratively with principals and members of a range of teams across ESF;
- Lead a range of teams with a sound understanding of the impact of change in a school- based setting;
- Implement and monitor system-wide policies to ensure school- based policy and procedural alignment;
- Communicate effectively;
- Negotiate and influence positively; and
- Manage and resolve conflict.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of SEN philosophies and practices in effective learning experiences, inclusive education, student wellbeing, student support and services and child protection;
- Experience of leading personalisation and curriculum modification including IEPs; and
- Practical experience in observation, assessment and documentation of students’ needs, including the safeguarding of children.
Closing Date: 27 Oct 2019
For enquiries, please contact Stanley Ho at +852 37622655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.