Strategic Director (Mathematics)
L5 (£43,453) – L10 (£49,198)
Do you want to be part of our newly formed extended leadership team and deliver impact in our Mathematics Faculty through innoavtive and inspirational leaderhip?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to lead our Mathematics Faculty at one of the highest performing schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. This post would also have a whole school leadership responsibility and so would suit an aspiring or current subject leader looking for the next step in their career.
Our Mathematics team is committed to consistently doing their best for our students, by raising standards and offering tailored enrichment experiences to give them exceptional life chances.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning in Mathematics is great.
- Be an aspiring leader with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes and deliver excellent provision for our students.
- Have excellent knowledge of Mathematics related qualifications.
- Have a record of consistently delivering strong GCSE results across a range of abilities.
- Have an ability to support, motivate and develop teachers to improve their practice.
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and staff.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
If you are successful in your application, you will have excellent developmental opportunities to:
- Support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team in delivering excellent provision and outcomes in this core subject.
- Work with other core subject leaders to ensure that aspirational progress targets across the school are achieved.
- Be part of an extended leadership team that works alongside the senior leadership team to drive whole school priorities. This will involve attending Senior Leadership Team meetings on a monthly basis.
- Work alongside a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the development of one of our whole school 'key' priorities.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping students to achieve their full potential in Mathematics. 2016-2017 outcomes include: 66.1% grade 4 or above; 39% grade 5 or above; and 13% grade 7 or above. We are comitted to improving these outcomes further so that they are well above national averages.
- Having well-resourced Mathematics classrooms and equipment, including laptops.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school with Leadership specialism. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 24th May 2018