At Heckmondwike Grammar School our motivation is for our students to enjoy their school days and to become thoughtful, articulate, confident and responsible members of society.
In order to achieve this we rely on our staff to work closely with students, parents and teachers to provide a supportive community, keeping the well-being of our students at the forefront of everything we do.
The Student Support Manager will work with students to provide outstanding pastoral care. The post-holder will show commitment to all students, ensuring that no student is forgotten or allowed to fall behind.
This vacancy has arisen due to the current post-holder having secured promotion. The successful post-holder will assimilate into an established team and will assume responsibility for the monitoring and support of a year group.
- Providing pastoral support to students, contributing to their academic progression by doing so, and assisting in the development of students’ moral, social and cultural values
- Encouraging students to achieve their full potential in all areas
- Taking a lead role in managing students at any time during the School day ensuring the School’s values and expectations are upheld at all times
- Working closely with Teaching staff and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) providing support and advice where necessary, ensuring a collaborative approach
- Actively arranging and leading extra-curricular activities, Year Group assemblies and Sixth Form Councils, engaging with networks both within and beyond the School to support in continuous improvement
- Working closely with the Assistant Head Teacher and other Student Support Managers to ensure student progression through each Key Stage
- Keeping abreast of developments and be open to new ideas relating to pastoral care and student progress
- Tracking data relating to student activity such as attendance and behaviour and taking action when appropriate
Skills and Qualifications required to be Successful in the Role:
- A dynamic, motivated individual, able to empathise and challenge to get the best out of students, teachers and parents
- Confidence to present in assemblies
- A clear and effective communicator
- Currently working in a pastoral care or student support role within the Education sector would be beneficial but not essential
Why Should You Apply?
Heckmondwike Grammar School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality. We work effectively with the young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go. Excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and membership to a Local Government pension scheme.
How Should You Apply?
If you are interested in this position then please visit the vacancies section of our website www.heckgrammar.co.uk. Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. If you wish to organise a visit to the school please contact Louise Daddy, HR Director on 01924 402202.
The closing date for applications is 8am Monday 27th November 2017.
The successful post-holder will start on Monday 8th January 2018.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to two satisfactory references, a three month trial period, and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.