Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hardwork and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of our how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing (getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought). All of us are committed to working as a team (we know that far more can be achieved through working together). We each have an unrelenting belief that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
As Subject Leader of Maths, you will deliver an outstanding curriculum to ensure all pupils make excellent progress in Maths and work with our Senior Leadership Team in setting the future direction and vision of the Secondary school.
Whether you are an experienced Subject Leader looking for a new challenge, or an outstanding classroom teacher seeking your first Middle Leadership role, you will play a key part in the School’s development. As we are growing every year (840 pupils at full capacity in Secondary, including Sixth Form), there will be lots of opportunities for promotion and development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
What we offer:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Very minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students next steps
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 240 students, years 7 and 8. In September 2018, we will have 360 pupils. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or trainee teacher seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School’s development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you don’t end up applying for the post. We are 20 minutes on the tube from Mile End, and just 15 minutes’ drive from East London. We love to have people visit, to participate in children’s learning and to join us for our ‘family dining’ lunch experience.
You may also like to arrange an informal chat with the Principal, Megan. Feel free to contact her directly on:
How to apply: Click apply or email Dorcas.Ologunde@goresbrookschool.org.uk for more information.
Closing date: 21st May 2018 at 9am. Early applications are encouraged; we will interview exceptional candidates as early as possible.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.