Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hard work and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing (getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought). All of us are committed to working as a team (we know that far more can be achieved through working together). We each have an unrelenting belief that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
Computer science is a new addition to the Goresbrook curriculum due to launch in September 2020. To date our students have been exposed to a knowledge-based curriculum with the principles of mastery and spacing/interleaving being embedded. This subject has already been a popular choice and many students in Key Stage Three are excited by the prospect of studying this subject at GCSE. The candidate successfully appointed to this post, will have the opportunity to build and co-construct a curriculum and assessment model that builds pupils knowledge and skills in computing using their own experiences and the resources from United Learning. The team is continuing to grow and the appointment to the post will be pivotal to the computing offer at the school and the vision to build computing literacy for all pupils. If you are looking for new and fresh opportunity to be part of a founding department, then this is the opportunity for you.
What we offer:
• Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
• Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental
• An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn
• Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
• Joint planning time on Wednesday afternoons for core subjects
• Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
• Very minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students next steps
• Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme
• External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL
• Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 480 students in years 7, 8, 9 and 10. In September 2020, we will have 600 pupils. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or trainee teacher seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School’s development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook.
Goresbrook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
For more information
To arrange an informal chat with the Principal, Megan or Assistant Principal, Aziza, feel free to contact them directly on:
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.