Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hard work and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of our how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing (getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought). All of us are committed to working as a team (we know that far more can be achieved through working together). We each have an unrelenting belief that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
We are looking to recruit an energetic and enthusiastic Head of Physical Education who is passionate about their subject and inspirational to students and fellow teachers. This is an exciting time in the journey of our growing school; as such we are seeking to appoint the right Physical Education candidate to lead the department as we prepare for Key Stage Four. We are keen to establish the best possible pathways for our students and we are looking for someone with a depth of knowledge about how this would look in Physical Education.
We have worked extremely hard to instill an academic rigor into every aspect of our curriculum offer and we are keen that Physical Education is in line with this principal throughout Key Stage Three. The new GCSE specification calls for an increased focus on theoretical concepts and we are dedicated to ensuring that this is embedded into the curriculum before our students reach Key Stage Four.
We are ambitious for our students and unrelenting in our desire to ensure they achieve their potential and develop as individuals. This is evident in our Physical Education Department where teamwork, leadership opportunities and extra-curricular activities are regular and enable students to grow not only academically but also personally and socially. The schools impressive sporting facilities aid these opportunities.
Modelling a traditional University culture, every student at Goresbrook partakes in extra-curricular activities on a Wednesday afternoon. Sports play a pivotal role in the students' offer and we are keen to introduce as many new and exciting opportunities as possible to help our young people foster a long lasting passion and interest.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent practitioner with strong subject knowledge and a love for teaching Physical Education. This position would be perfect for a candidate who has innovative and creative ideas as well as a passion for leading others.
Please visit us to see what the students can do or follow our journey on Twitter @GoresbrookPEDep.
What we offer as a school:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Very minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students next steps
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 240 students, years 7 and 8. In September 2018, we will have 360 pupils. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or trainee teacher seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School's development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that 'disadvantaged' does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook.