11-18 mixed Comprehensive Academy (2000; 500 post 16 students)
Subject Leader Physics: TLR 1 or 2: Outer London Pay Scale £41k - £51k
Required for September 2019
If you are a candidate committed to high quality teaching and learning who wants to develop your career in an outstanding school, working closely with colleagues who share that passion, then we want to hear from you.
“Cheam High is an outstandingly effective school” Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007
GCSE 2017: 84% of students gained 4+ EM; 58% gained 5+ EM
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic teacher to take on leadership of Physics within the school, lead Physics TLR holders and join the Science senior leadership team. The post is will be paid at TLR1 or 2, depending on the capacity of the candidate to take on additional roles within the faculty.
Physics is very popular within the school and A level take-up is high. At Key Stage 4, Physics, Biology and Chemistry each have two timetabled hours each week to support the best possible outcomes.
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful with a strong commitment to staff development and an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.
We will consider full or part time applications which should be made to the Headteacher, Mr P Naudi asap and by 9am Monday 21st January 2019 at the latest. We will interview suitable candidates as applications are received and, if we appoint, we will close the vacancy before 21st January.
Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Surrey SM3 8PW
Tel: 020 8644 5790 Fax: 020 8641 8611
Email: email@example.com Website: www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk
Cheam High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Cheam High School is an equal opportunities employer.