Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is an independent, co-educational, BSO-accredited school that has relocated to state-of-the-art, purpose-built premises - a reflection of the school’s educational ambition.
Our new facilities include a large indoor swimming pool so we are seeking a qualified and experienced Swimming Instructor to join us. In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country (overseas only)
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance (overseas only)
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer
You will teach pupils of all abilities across the school to help them achieve the swimming standards set by Swim England and the National Curriculum. This requires a solid knowledge of swimming techniques including a range of strokes and self-rescue techniques. You can also reflect upon and adapt your own practice to raise attainment while instilling confidence and independence in our pupils.
- A degree qualification.
- Amateur Swimming Association / Swim England qualification or recognised equivalent.
- Paediatric first-aid qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role teaching pupils of a mixed age and ability.
- Awareness of Health and Safety regulations in a swimming pool environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- A degree qualification in Physical Education (e.g. PGCE or Bachelor’s in Education).
- Experience in other sports to assist the PE Teacher/s as and when required.
- Comfortable using G Suite for Education (Gmail, shared drives, forms, etc).
How to apply
Email your application directly to:
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Sunday 23 May 2021.
We interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype), telephone or in person if you are currently in Kuwait.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years