We are seeking a top-quality Art professional with excellent experience and references who will:
Have recent experience of teaching GCSE/iGCSE and A Level Art.
Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students.
Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning.
Preferably have knowledge and experience of teaching EAL students.
Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning.
Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children.
Actively participate in and offer areas of staff Continual Professional Development.
As the Education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for outstanding professionals who are eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry. Our schools are internationally focused and both are seen as important hubs for the communities they serve, educating approximately 1,350 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities and 50 languages. The schools enjoy state-of-the-art purpose built premesis that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant secondary curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum and QP values at its heart.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accomodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and sportign and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of ourchildren, please apply immediately with a one page application and CV copy attached.
Dukhan English School (www.des.com.qa) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguard checks.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- Medical check, References, Criminal background check
- Over 29 and below 55 years of age
Dukhan English School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 3 - 18 years
1. General Information
Dukhan English School (DES) is one of the oldest international schools in the Middle East tracing its origins back to the early 1950s.
DES provides education for the children of Qatar Petroleum (QP) employees who live in...