We are looking for a dynamic and hard-working Teacher of PE to join this popular and successful department. You will be joining a team of enthusiastic teachers who provide an extensive curriculum programme including GCSE, BTEC Level 2 & 3 PE, Sports Leaders’ Award, as well as a comprehensive range of after school activities and the potential to teach A-Level.
The PE Department has enjoyed success in volleyball at national and regional level and our particular strengths in the Local Authority are football, athletics and netball. An interest in football and athletics is desirable although other specialisms are welcome. Thomas More has extensive facilities including its own swimming pool, extensive playing fields and a large Sports Hall.
- Ensuring maximum participation of all students in sport within school and extra-curricular representative sport where all are valued, stretched and challenged to be active.
- Running of the extra-curricular programme of sports activities and fixtures.
- Contributing to inter-school competitions including sports day.
Thomas More Catholic School is an above national average, popular 11 – 19 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. It is a very stable school where positive change is taking place. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. Our 6th Form is rapidly growing in size. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas.
We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We also offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Twilight CPD Sessions for all staff
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
- Opportunities for career development through our high commitment to CPD
If you a proven excellent practitioner in the classroom, and are an exciting and inspirational leader, please apply.
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please return your completed application form, recruitment monitoring form and disclosure form to the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 25th February 2019.
Interview dates will be decided upon Shortlisting.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).